Re: [LUG] sata woes

Rob Beard wrote:

Just about every AMD64 motherboard these days somes with SATA on board, usually with 2 SATA ports, but in some cases, 4 or more. Decent spec motherboards don't usually have onboard graphics.

I got burned with graphics cards, I got a new AMD64 + MB but there were no AGP slots, doh! watch out for PCIe slots that have superseded AGP on some MB's (nvidia for one) and with a AMD64 MB beware of the new PSU connectors,24 pin while old PSUs are 20 pin.

Robin