Re: [LUG] sata woes

Steve Marvell wrote:

Are there any?

Some, but you probably won't hit them.

In all honestly, my hardware man is in Turkey and I need to spec a dev
box. I really have no idea what's going on these days.

"dev" of what? If it is websites, I'd say buy a bottom end DELL rackmount (or similar big supplier), one who will provide GNU/Linux support on that hardware so you know it is at least vaguely supported, and avoid all the fancy hardware RAID stuff.

Alternatively just run all the dev stuff on the backend of a Desktop Linux box. Unless you are killing the boxes with really heavyweight software packages like Zope/Plone.