Re: LTSP on Ubuntu was [LUG] Marketing Linux

On Sat, December 3, 2005 11:51, Rob Beard wrote:

> Yeah, I read about that last night.  I'm wondering if using this method,
> it would be possible to still have a minimal install of Ubuntu with just
> X and a couple of other components and have X on the terminal query the
> server, kinda like what LTSP already does, but with the advantage of
> being able to add applications to run locally too.
>
> Hope that makes sense?

Yes it makes sense, and is what we are trying to achieve. As you say LTSP
will already do this, but adding new packages is difficult. I'm hoping the
ubuntu release will make that part easier. Oh well, I guess I need to try
it out for myself and see how things are :-)

John.