Re: [LUG] Fax/Voice server software

Quoting Grant Sewell <dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hehe!  This is an my old P2!  300MHz, 64Mb RAM, 80Gb HDD (it's been running
as my nfs server for my students to install Mandrake from as part of their
assessment; and as a tftp server so my CCNA students (sorry, I'm supposed to
call them "delegates") can save/load their router configuration files
easily).  I've been having problems with it in that I keep getting streams of
I/O errors.

Not a bad spec, my P2 is an IBM Aptiva, its got a really nice black case but
being IBM it isn't easy to transplant my Athlon 64 into it.

Its nice to find a use for these old machines, the IBM one I have is a P2-266
with 384MB 66MHz memory so its not as if I can use the memory in anything
faster.  Only got a 4GB hard drive too, but surely faxes and voice mail
messages don't take up THAT much room?

Rob