Re: [LUG] Fax/Voice server software

On Wed,  4 May 2005 11:01:38 +0100
Rob Beard wrote:

Quoting Grant Sewell <dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Anyone tried the mgetty+sendfax (and vgetty) route?

I've started on that route myself recently.  Will let you know how I get
on... right now, I am trying to sort out a harddrive issue on my "server"
which will be running as the answerphone.

Ahh I had that problem, then I was given the old P2 for free :-)

Hehe!  This is an my old P2!  300MHz, 64Mb RAM, 80Gb HDD (it's been running as my
nfs server for my students to install Mandrake from as part of their assessment; and
as a tftp server so my CCNA students (sorry, I'm supposed to call them "delegates")
can save/load their router configuration files easily).  I've been having problems
with it in that I keep getting streams of I/O errors.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.