Re: [LUG] What IS an operating system ?

GNU is a project to create a free operating system - thus, GNU+Linux = GNU/Linux - a free operating system. I will continue to correct people who refer to it as Linux, because I believe Linus Torvalds does not believe in the freedoms of software like the FSF.

GNU is an OS, but the GNU project as a result also made countless tools that can be run on other operating systems - do not confuse GNU and the results of GNU project so far.

matt