Re: [LUG] New Proud Debian Owner...

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:44:06 +0000
Anton Channing wrote:

Hi all,

Success (more or less)!

[snip]

Back to the 'more or less' above.  For some reason (and this happened
on my brothers PC also), the maximum resolution I can find on debians
desktop settings, is 800x600 @ 85MHz.  This does not match the settings
I specified in the setup of either machine, and is no where near the
resolution either of us are used to working in XP on the same machines.

I assume its opperating in safe mode, probably because it couldn't find
the exact driver for the graphics cards.

This is something I really have no clue what to do about.

If some with more experience can point me in the right direction,
I would like to attempt to work out, possibly from a tutorial,
what to do to fix this...

Anton

Can you just remind us of your hardware?  And possibly post your XF86Config-4 file?

Cheers.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.