[LUG] New Proud Debian Owner...

Hi all,

Success (more or less)!

I had to go for Sarge in the end, and opted to install via internet. That latter option seems by far the best installation choice (although
I'm not sure someone on dialup would agree). Tomorrow I'll
start moving my POP3 emails over there.

Not only that, but I installed it on my brothers PC as well!  He is
totally new to Linux, so hopefully I know enough to answer his
immediate questions.  He only uses a webmail account, so thats
one thing I don't have to bother setting up on his.

Back to the 'more or less' above.  For some reason (and this happened
on my brothers PC also), the maximum resolution I can find on debians
desktop settings, is 800x600 @ 85MHz.  This does not match the settings
I specified in the setup of either machine, and is no where near the
resolution either of us are used to working in XP on the same machines.

I assume its opperating in safe mode, probably because it couldn't find
the exact driver for the graphics cards.

This is something I really have no clue what to do about.

If some with more experience can point me in the right direction,
I would like to attempt to work out, possibly from a tutorial,
what to do to fix this...

Anton