Re: [LUG] Compaq Laptop. R3307EA

Julian Hall wrote:

OK this is an oddball one. The laptop has a button to enable/disable the trackpad. I changed XFConfig-4 to tell it the device was '/dev/input/mice' and rebooted into X. No change. Then I clicked the trackpad off and then on again. Now it works??

I had this occur, too. While I was deciding which OS to use on this laptop I kept a partition with XP on it. As soon as XP was deleted, the mouse feature disappeared, so I guess we're looking at some obscure bootloader/BIOS thing ?

jd