[LUG] XFree vs XOrg?

Hi all.

I've just been having a mooch through the .debs available on my Debian repositories
(Debian Sid with default ftp.debian.org.uk or whatever) and Xorg isn't there.  I
notice that a good many other *ahem* major Linux vendors have switched to Xorg so...
I've found a source that I have put in my sources.list - it seems to contain the
latest (6.8.1) version of Xorg's version of X11, but is there likely to be any
*real* difference between XFree and XOrg just yet?  I read that Xorg is planning to
be more modular than other X11 implementations, but that doesn't seem to have
happened yet.

Would I actually notice any real changes if I used XOrg instead of XFree?  Can the
two live side-by-side?

Cheers.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.