Re: [LUG] Compaq Laptop. R3307EA

Julian Hall wrote:

I strongly suspect the Protocol of being wrong. Having said that I just noticed the Device is '/dev/mouse' which no longer exists in 2.6.* kernels. Should this be '/dev/input/mouse0', or '/dev/input/mice'?

Hi All,

OK this is an oddball one. The laptop has a button to enable/disable the trackpad. I changed XFConfig-4 to tell it the device was '/dev/input/mice' and rebooted into X. No change. Then I clicked the trackpad off and then on again. Now it works??

I'll let you know if it survives a few reboots :)

Kind regards,

Julian