Re: [LUG] Libranet and wireless

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 05:48:05PM +0000, Simon Waters wrote:

I may have misunderstood, most of the Prism cards can be driven from the
kernel drivers, so in general all that was needed was to install the
card, and set the settings.

That didn't happen but maybe that is because in /lib/modules/.../wireless
there is no orinoco_usb.o

The orinoco driver has long supported Prism II PCMCIA cards

I should be able to use it on my laptop then (which for various reasons
got left in Cumbria after Christmas :-))

Jean is the expert - and wlan-ng is the future - so looks like this is
probably the way to go.

Yeah, I think I'll stick with it. Thanks

Tony Sumner