Re: What is/was your work desktop? was Re: [LUG] SIMS

Quoting Simon Waters:

What is/was your work desktop?

OOh let me see, quite a mixed bag in my work machines.

Started with a bog standard NT4 machine, putty enabled me to do everything I
needed and I had to use Outlook etc for work so I didn't have much choice.

Next job I had a Sun Ultra 1 running Red Hat 6.2 sparc edition with WindowMaker,
and a Windows 98 machine purley for running the helpdesk system.  Come to think
of it I think this was a dual boot with Solaris 8 but I hardly ever used that.

Then I had a Sun Ultra 5 running Solaris 8 and Ximian Gnome, which worked very
well.  I'm not a great fan of CDE :).

Then I had a short term contract where the machine was running Windows 98 and I
didn't really have the time/inclination to do much about it.

And now I've got a dual boot Windows 2000 / Fedora Core 2 laptop.  Win2k gets
used the most in the office just because of the company MS Exchange system.  Out
of the office it runs FC2 almost all the time :).