Re: [LUG] Organising Meets

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 8:41 pm, Sadie Brinham wrote:
So,if I burned 4 ISOs-disc 1,disc2,disc3,disc4 as you described,when a
person booted from the resulting DVD,would the installation run as normal?

The DVD editions are not just sequentially written, you may find you'll have
collisions and duplicate files, the installer won't know where to find the
next image. If you're looking for a DVD copy of a distro, ask here. Lots of
us get DVD editions of Linux magazines by subscription. I've probably got
every major distro going back 3 years, all on DVD.

Shall I get busy toward the next meet,then?(Really seeking official
confirmation,here:))

If you want an install fest, the options are:
1. A v.good network connection
2. A stack of cover disc DVD's AND some fast computers with lots of space AND
a good network connection.

A network install can serve multiple installers at the same time. You just
need enough disk space to hold 4 or 5 complete distributions.

--

Neil Williams