Re: [LUG] Organising Meets

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 20:57, Julian Hall wrote:
Sadie Brinham wrote:
Thanks,Julian.
So,if I burned 4 ISOs-disc 1,disc2,disc3,disc4 as you described,when a
person booted from the resulting DVD,would the installation run as
normal?

That I'm not sure of.  I was just considering the point of saving you
burning 4 or 5 times as many CDs when you could burn less DVDs and not
give your burner a heart attack ;)  The ISOs on the DVD would simply be
ISO files and would need to be copied off by the new owner onto
individual CDs.

Do you know-I hadn't even considered that!
Of course,recipients would need a CD burner.But there's no reason the DVDs
couldn't be handed out,with the set of ISOs on.

Not my place to say, being in Wales and all ;)

The way things are going,it looks like I'll be having a meet by myself..might
as well take it to Wales!

Good luck :)

Ta.

PS curiously Thunderbird tries to spellcheck Brinham and ignores
Sadie.... hummm :)

Because it knows me,of course.Ran Firefox and Thunderbird for ages on XP
before going the whole GNU/Linux nine yards:)