Re: [LUG] Organising Meets

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 21:02, Neil Williams wrote:
On Tuesday 28 September 2004 8:41 pm, Sadie Brinham wrote:
So,if I burned 4 ISOs-disc 1,disc2,disc3,disc4 as you described,when a
person booted from the resulting DVD,would the installation run as
normal?

The DVD editions are not just sequentially written, you may find you'll
have collisions and duplicate files, the installer won't know where to find
the next image.

Thanks for explaining.I suppose,there'd be an argument against going for
single CD Rom installations,too?-Arch Linux,for example?

If you're looking for a DVD copy of a distro, ask here.
Lots of us get DVD editions of Linux magazines by subscription. I've
probably got every major distro going back 3 years, all on DVD.

Thanks.I've got a few on the way from Cheep Linux,as well.

If you want an install fest, the options are:
1. A v.good network connection
2. A stack of cover disc DVD's AND some fast computers with lots of space
AND a good network connection.

A network install can serve multiple installers at the same time. You just
need enough disk space to hold 4 or 5 complete distributions.

Ah..O.K.I wasn't sure of the meet protocol.So,you don't hand out
distros.God,I'm just a mine of useless ideas today,aren't I?:)