Re: [LUG] No decent WYSIWYG editor for Web; Use a content management system

On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 08:16:26AM +0100, Simon Waters wrote:

> Rick Timmis wrote:
> >
> > We are in the business of helping organisations deploy Linux / OSS
> > instead of said MS / Prop Products.
>
> Okay 4 main objections to Linux I expect you'll get are;
>
> I'm afraid of something new
> 	No honest new is cool like mobile phones with cameras in.
>
> It doesn't run MS Office
> 	Open Office is as good at reading them as the previous version of Word
> (Tomorrow your version of word will be the previous version).
>
> It doesn't run one vital piece of our existing software
> 	Almost invariably this isn't the only piece of software that does that
> job in the entire world.
>
> Lots of websites don't run well outside of IE/Windows.
> 	Um, err, Konqueror* can talk to you ("cool sells" -- Bill Gates).
>
> Well done for contributing to item four, Bill will be sending the cheque
> in the post.

There's also the "no support" FUD. Read a few Microsoft EULA and see how
much support they offer you... Some stuff running ontop of Microsoft
even goes as far as saying "you must apply this patch/service pack in
order for our product to work, but if it breaks anything don't blame
us".