[LUG] No decent WYSIWYG editor for Web; Use a content management system

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 07:28:23PM +0100, Rick Timmis wrote:
> For speed of delivering web content for our site we use WYSIWYG

You know, for speed of delivering web content for my site, I use vim.
:) And http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1 as reference.

> Sure we could sit and hand code stuff in Bluefish or some other Code
> editor, but this is a long winded process.

I save a lot of time editing stuff with vim.

> If we could find a good product running under Linux then we would grab
> it with both hands.

WYSIWYG does not work very well for cutting edge technology and speed.

Start in the bottom and work your way up. XHTML is easy, there are
plenty of online resources. I know it is important to get some sort of
'good looking' website up asap, but it will discredit an opensource
vendor such as yourselves.

> I would be interested in your views on what you think we should use to
> achieve the desired results ?

Oh well, there is:
http://cascades.mozdev.org/screenshots.html

Suitable for beginners. Never used it.

Encourage employees to write stuff in something easy like the
user-friendly 'nano' editor.

Or:

Setup a Content Management System ! Yes, I recommend plone:

http://www.plone.org/

Check out the video:
http://plone.org/Members/runyaga/news/hawaii-presentation/view

Good luck again,