Re: [LUG] No decent WYSIWYG editor for Web; Use a content management system

On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 02:36:15AM +0100, Peter J Ross wrote:
> > No doubt this comment will be viewed with contempt and mistrust and I
> > will be shot down as attempting to recruit free labour, and of spouting
> > Sales BS.
> Yes. No doubt.

Ah, the fickle community. ;)

When it comes to dealing with problems, you need to focus *exactly* on
them. You can't divert the course of discussion to the "bigger picture",
because we don't care about it.

OSS is ground up.

In future just say you are going to get it standards compliant perhaps,
without an immediate intention to do so. There is no defense for
dreamweaver et al. ;)

But I still think the easiest path for you is to roll out a content
management system. You then easily past the text into forms and out
bubbles XHTML! Not only that, you get tons of other useful features with
such a system like searching, archives and other useful things.

http://plone.org/

Have seen the video ?

http://www2.state.hi.us/dags/icsd/content/video/higovdemo.avi

-Kai