Re: [LUG] A pretend rant

On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 14:06:45 +0000
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

>Oh dear. That is a shame. My wife and my daughter both use the same

Yeah, well, that's the way democracy works;  Nobody's happy all the
time.   :-)

My son makes great demands on music production software.  He's tried the
Linux offerings, but they pale compared to those on Windows (his opinion
- I simply don't know).  He initially wanted Apple, but the prices were
far too steep.

>Linux distro as me. That is my condition for looking after their
>laptops. If they move to Windows they are on their own.

To be fair, I've only ever had to deal with one issue;  Daughter's
(Windows) laptop wouldn't print documents.  Clearing print queue didn't
help.  Went through all the steps listed on Microsoft's web site(1).
Nada. Two reboots and one cold start later, and all was fine.  Feck
knows what the issue was.

(1) Don't ask, I can't remember, and can't be bothered to go looking,
either.

--
 Regards  _
I'll be the paint on the side if you'll be the tin