Re: [LUG] Email programs

On 17/12/2021 15:18, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:

On Fri, 17 Dec 2021, 15:17 Julian Hall, <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 17/12/2021 12:56, Neil wrote:
    > On 17/12/2021 11:36, Gavin wrote:
    >>
    >> I'm using TB 78.14.0 on Mint.  I've been using TB for many
    years, and
    >> tbh I don't know what you mean when you ask 'what on earth have
    they
    >> done'...  Can you be a bit more specific - maybe we can help
    sort out
    >> whatever is bothering you?
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Gav
    >>
    > When I used CM in the past it was quite a simple, small program,
    easy
    > to understand and use. Now I have installed the latest one it has
    > become huge, too many choices for me, and not easy to
    understand. That
    > is my gripe.
    >
    > I am willing to give it another go however. As mentioned in another
    CM as
    > root. Still can't find out how to do that. As I said above, it has
    > become so complicated now that finding how to do something seems
    > impossible.
    >
    > Neil

    Unsure what you mean by CM? Thunderbird is TB or am I being dull? :)

    Julian

-- “The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful
    hypothesis by an ugly fact.”

    ― Thomas Henry Huxley

-- The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG
    <http://www.dcglug.org.uk/listfaq>

CM = Claws Mail

That's why I'm getting confused. Neil was asking about TB not CM.

Julian