Re: [LUG] Email programs

On Thu, 16 Dec 2021, 18:28 Neil, <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    For a long time now I have used Thunderbird for emails. Fine. Recently
    on one of my computers I installed the latest version of MX. So I now
    have version 78.13 of TB. What on earth have they done? It has become
    much more difficult to use, and some things no longer work,

    So I thought to look at some others. In the past I have used Sylpheed
    and Claws Mail among others. So I decided to have a look at Claws. It
    used to be very easy to set up and use. Now, with version 4, what a
    mess. I cannot get it to work as I want it.

    So today I tried Evolution. It seems better than the others, although it
    is the first time I have ever looked at it.

    So, I am asking for any suggestions and/or advice. I use IMAP, and I
    have several accounts. I do quite a lot of filtering too. Anyone have
    any recommendations please?

    Neil

I'm using TB 78.14.0 on Mint. I've been using TB for many years, and tbh I don't know what you mean when you ask 'what on earth have they done'... Can you be a bit more specific - maybe we can help sort out whatever is bothering you?

Cheers,

Gav