Re: [LUG] Email programs

On Thursday, 16 December 2021 18:26:13 GMT Neil wrote:

> So, I am asking for any suggestions and/or advice. I use IMAP, and I
> have several accounts. I do quite a lot of filtering too. Anyone have
> any recommendations please?

Probably best to figure out what they've done.

I migrated from TB to Kmail in KDE, largely because I wanted to try the
integrated KDE PIM experience.

Kmail does the same job, good filtering features, reasonable PGP/GPG support, I
have a lot of email under IMAP, it works, the integration doesn't gain you
much but it does play well with others, but I'm not stunned. The Akonadi
database has had problems (basically acts as a central index), I've reported
bugs which are potentially security issues in the interface. I think it was
summed up well on the Risky Biz podcast, that these minority email clients are
a security mess. Probably no one will write the required exploits, but we
shouldn't be under any illusions about the robustness of them.