Re: [LUG] Screen Problem

On 04/12/2021 10:45, maceion@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 04/12/2021 09:58, Julian Hall wrote:
I do point out that they have offered more genuine
and knowledgeable support and patience with people who engage with them
than pretty much any other list user, and their value to the list and
the community is immense.
I do concur to this statement of a most helpful Tovarich Meowski.
He has helped me immensely.
I agree with Julian's comment. (We all have areas or knowledge which we
think others should have. Having supplied sewage stations and equipment,
I get pretty upset when folk pour fat down the drain. Please let it
solidity and put it in the dustbin.)
My personal thanks to Meowski and all in the list who have helped me.

I just wish I had kept a copy of a reply along time ago on the
difference between normal booting and booting in recovery mode.

May I suggest downloading a Live Distro ISO, inflating that to a USB and booting off that? It can't hurt and could help with diagnosis. BTW what's the problem? I find grub's rescue prompt to give me bad days.

Julian

--

“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly
fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley