Re: [LUG] Screen Problem

Meowski -

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021, at 6:03 PM, comrade meowski wrote:
> On 03/12/2021 16:10, Julian Hall wrote:
>> Hi Neil,
>>
>> What graphics card does it have? Is it using the recommended driver?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Julian
>>
>> On 03/12/2021 15:52, Lists wrote:
>>>
>>> I have installed the latest version of MX on my desktop computer. Now
>>> I am getting screen problems. It is responding too slowly and and the
>>> screen is tearing. I expect there is an easy way to sort this. I have
>>> the display set to 1920 X 1080. Too high? That is where it was before.
>>> Can anyone help please?
>

> Lol this is the Master of Under-Reporting himself remember, it's lucky
> Neil even remembered to mention that he's using Linux. On a computer.
> Normally we have to guess that as well.
>
> Neil could you maybe bless us with some basic information. You know like
> perhaps what graphics card and driver combination you are currently
> using and what version of MX Linux you have just installed. Anything
> that might make this more like technical support and less like divination!

Whilst your point is valid, more information *would* be helpful, I'm afraid I must
object to your tone, sarcasm, and general attitude. You may well be frustrated with
the lack of information, but this is - in my view - unnecessary.

Without wanting to turn this into a flame-war, I would like to politely request in
future, a politer way of asking for information.

The LUG should be a place for all to ask for help, without rudeness and general
impoliteness. Patience is a virtue!

--
Kind regards,