Re: [LUG] OT: Power-line extenders - highest throughput? Also WiFi cards that support monitor mode

On Saturday, 10 July 2021 20:48:31 BST comrade meowski wrote:

> One of these right?
>
> https://www.amazon.co.uk/TEROW-Adapter-866Mbps-Wireless-Linx2-6X/dp/
B086L6TR6G

Yes

> For 'reasons' I collect USB wifi adaptors, specifically ones that
> support monitor mode. I've got a literal bowl full of them. Have you got
> a link to the comparison article you mentioned, I'd like to have a look
> at that please and thankyou.

https://github.com/morrownr/USB-WiFi/blob/main/README.md

Looking more closely it looks like they are collecting reviews.

I've not really played with monitor mode on it yet, it accepts it as an
instruction was about it so far.

> I've always preferred Atheros chipsets

I have a TP-Link TL-WN422G which is an Atheros chipset that did sterling work
for several years but only intended to support up to 54Mbps..

> Also you're a better man than me for sacrificing your nicest PC for your
> son - I don't have kids but if I did they'd have to Game of Thrones
> style murder me to get their hands on my workstation. Never!

He wants to drive VR headset, and play real time games, so it is a step ahead
of my demands. I can't even really argue it for chess as I've been able to
write programs that beat me on 20 year old hardware, maybe I need to broaden
out the AI interest to justify funkier hardware.