[LUG] OT: Power-line extenders - highest throughput? Also WiFi cards that support monitor mode

Hi,

weighing up the power-line range extender versus cabling.

Current (admittedly very cheap) power-line range extender seems to max out
just under 100Mbps on wired ethernet to wired ethernet, which is  the maximum
of what I expected given the cables and devices in use.

What kit are people using to get the best throughput on power-line extenders?
And what is the best throughput you are getting?

Not really bothered with WiFi at this point in that anything that does the
desired performance on the physical ethernet likely also to offer 802.11ac or
WiFi 6.

Currently Ookla measured download speed to the gaming PC is 93Mbps, but this
involved donating all my good kit to my son (my Internet slowed by a factor of
3).

Also going to get quote for Cat 6 cabling as my cabling skills are modest.

Time to make everything ~1Gbps.

Also noted that USB WifI adapters using "Mediatek mt7612u " chipset cards are
down to around £12 (Terow Row02CD - I believe the recommended low cost one in
the US was the Terow ROW02FD but I failed to find technical details on the
difference between these models). I'm going to give it a try at that price. The
chip-set supports monitor mode in Linux, and the Amazon UK reviews say it
"just works" in Linux. Definitely be my new Wireless Pen Test card if it works
well. Some of the reviews suggest it may not be terribly fast, I guess a
compromise is made somewhere to get to that price point.