Re: [LUG] OT: Power-line extenders - highest throughput? Also WiFi cards that support monitor mode

On Friday, 9 July 2021 22:06:31 BST Simon Waters wrote:

> Also noted that USB WifI adapters using "Mediatek mt7612u " chipset cards
> are down to around £12

Okay at the risk of replying to myself, it just arrived & plugged it into office
PC, and immediately getting 165Mbps downloads from the Internet in the
diagonally opposite corner of the house to the wireless access point over the
5Ghz connection. Also seeing neighbour's printers which I've never seen
before, so presumably range is better than any of the other cards I've tried
(or the neighbours bought a new printers since yesterday).

Did require a little rearrangement of USB connectors to be able to plug it in
at all given the antennas and the broad USB surround. They don't include a
cable to move it away from the USB A port for that price, but I have some of
those if needed.

As far as TEROW brand, they clearly didn't pay to brand the box or any of the
contents, but when I was looking to import cards those things all made kit
more expensive.

Either way looks like functionally equivalent to the #1 recommended low cost
USB Wi-Fi dongle in the US for use with Kali. All I need now if the energy and
motivation to get back into proper security audits (and a fair bit of other
hardware).