[LUG] ThinkPad Laptops

Hello Everyone,

My old net book (Samsung N130!!) is just too slow. Surfing the net is just painful. I need a new (proper) laptop.

I have always fancied a ThinkPad because of their build quality and reputation.

I am also aware that in more recent years Lenovo have perhaps been trading on this reputation?

I spend most of my time in a terminal. However, the most demanding things it will be used for are surfing the net, watching videos on you tube, watching a movie, infrequent and very basic photo editing and the kids homework. So nothing mega. I anticipate it being a faithful servant for many years to come. Budget is variable. Would certainly consider a refurbished model as well as buying brand new.

Some of the models I am considering are:-

- One of the X1 Carbon models
- T460
- T450
- T420 (very old, but still good?)

I would very much welcome your comments and any other advice. I will probably put Debian or Mint on it. Thanks very much.

Cheers Roly
[written in Emacs!]