Re: [LUG] Website and Volunteers was Re: IRC: Freenode -> Libera

On 18/06/2021 22:25, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
I have to admit, I can't see the attraction in using things like Markdown, etc., other than being nerdy for the sake of being nerdy.

WordPress has its faults, but it is pretty easy to use, it is fairly flexible, and it's already in place. Why change to something else just for the sake of it?

And regarding "content", I think it could really just be a question of more of us (myself included) actually trying to develop the habit of contributing content.

Grant. :)

I concur with this, but also in the sense that, despite us being in Devon / Cornwall there is a lot of expertise here, we should try and promote that. As we emerge from this pandemic, then any business leads can't be a bad thing.

I don't see a problem with an article on for example cyber security, with if you would like further help please go to <url> included near the end usually.

I agree on WordPress too, it may not be perfect, Not sure if the less plugins you use then that helps to reduce potential security threats or problems generally. esp if one plugin is causing a problem, (which happened recently)

Paul