Re: [LUG] Website and Volunteers was Re: IRC: Freenode -> Libera

On 18/06/2021 22:25, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
> I have to admit, I can't see the attraction in using things like
> Markdown, etc., other than being nerdy for the sake of being nerdy.
>
> WordPress has its faults, but it is pretty easy to use, it is fairly
> flexible, and it's already in place. Why change to something else just
> for the sake of it?
>
> And regarding "content", I think it could really just be a question of
> more of us (myself included) actually trying to develop the habit of
> contributing content.
>
> Grant. :)
>
> On Fri, 18 Jun 2021, 22:13 Paul Sutton via list, <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
> e who actually understands
>     it.>
>     > Gordon
>     >

>     Paul
>

>     --
>     Paul Sutton, Cert Cont Sci (Open)
>     https://personaljournal.ca/paulsutton/
>     <https://personaljournal.ca/paulsutton/>
>     Pronoun : him/his/he
>
>     21st Debian Conference August 22 to August 29, 2021.
>     DebCamp from August 15 to August 21, 2021
>
>     https://debconf21.debconf.org/ <https://debconf21.debconf.org/>
>
>     --

CONCUR.
It it works, and it works for me, do not change it.

I personally use the odd (esoteric?) Joomla! as a website creator for
myself and the groups I support, but it is lot harder than WordPress.
Reason, few folks use it, low profile, less attacks, which is important
for some reasons.

See link for example: (remove blanks)

https://     www   .clhg.org  .uk/index.php/  blog-reports/56-china-letter

Download the PDF to get a 'thinking Mandarin's opinion' on how PRC is
run, both English & Chinese inside PDF.

--
Regards
Eion MacDonald