Re: [LUG] Website and Volunteers was Re: IRC: Freenode -> Libera

On Fri, 18 Jun 2021, Michael Everitt wrote:

etc.
<snip>

Markdown or possibly ReStructedText probably should be preferred forms if plain text

And here we go again.

I've been seeing this for how many years now? At least 5, 6 or more? - from way back when the monthly meets turned into Pi then Tech Jams...

Round and round here we go.

The REAL issue is content (if we need it). Every time the site is changed there is barely just one person providing content. (Thanks, Paul).

Anyone remember the "Open Devon" thing? I setup website, wiki, and I've forgotten what else - on the provision that I'd not be the one putting up content. What content did it get? well, none.

I vote to keep it as it is. Wordpress and be damned. At least it's easy to use, easy to maintain and update and "just works" and the person providing most of the content is the one who actually understands it.

Gordon