Re: [LUG] Only two weeks to stop your medical records being available

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021, at 2:28 PM, comrade meowski wrote:
> On 09/06/2021 14:17, james kilty wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I had an accident and need help to remount a ssd.
> >
> > https://www.slashroot.in/understanding-file-system-superblock-linux may
> > contain the right information but I was hoping there might be an easier
> > way given that I "exited with non-zero exit status".
> >
> > Full message on attempting to mount:
> >
> > Error mounting /dev/dm-0 at
> > /media/james/10bc55ec-8a6c-4b4d-ae32-93e51a0fdf7c: Command-line `mount
> > -t "ext4" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid" "/dev/dm-0"
> > "/media/james/10bc55ec-8a6c-4b4d-ae32-93e51a0fdf7c"' exited with
> > non-zero exit status 32: mount: /dev/mapper/mint--vg-root: can't read
> > superblock
> >
> > Basically I wanted to shut down to move my computer to another room as
> > the battery is bad. My usual computer after POST went to a tab named
> > recovery which gave me the error "cannot read ROM". In the meantime I
> > took out my ssd and put it in a caddy and mounted successfully after
> > some research. I used the GUI to unmount but it went on and on telling
> > me to wait. Unfortunately I managed to unplug the computer, hence the
> > problem.
> >
> > Is there a quick fix? The ssd is ext4.
>

> Fsck the disk partitions before mounting, it's telling you that the
> filesystem was damaged. It's a LVM based Mint setup so you'll have to
> negotiate the confusing partitioning structure with your actual ext4
> partitions ending up getting mounted under /dev/mapper/mint-blah-blah.
>
> sudo fsck.ext4 -fy /dev/mapper/mint--vg-root
>
> Is probably about what you need to run from the working host to check
> the partition currently troubling you - I'd fsck the rest of them on the
> same disk as well.
>
> You forgot to change the Subject so we'll have mangled everyone's
> threading now...
>

> --

I'm confused, how did we get onto the subject of fsck!? :' )

With regards to medical records: personally, I have no issue with it, especially if
it's in the interests of science. Ideally, it should be anonymised though. I'm also
an organ donor, again, in the interests of science *or* assisting someone to
*survive*, I also have no issue.

For example, after my two tonic-clonic seizures in late 2017, I was on a certain
medication. I later got a request from an NHS researcher asking for my consent
(anonymised data) to analyse my medical data to see if the medication caused the
seizures. I haven't heard anything yet, and I have emailed to find out any
conclusion, but this is the sort of usage of medical records I believe is of
beneficial usage.

If it's anonymised, there's surely no issue? I'm not really sure why there's an
objection, to be honest, other than privacy.

--
Kind regards,