Re: [LUG] Only two weeks to stop your medical records being available

Hello

I had an accident and need help to remount a ssd.

https://www.slashroot.in/understanding-file-system-superblock-linux may
contain the right information but I was hoping there might be an easier
way given that I "exited with non-zero exit status".

Full message on attempting to mount:

Error mounting /dev/dm-0 at
/media/james/10bc55ec-8a6c-4b4d-ae32-93e51a0fdf7c: Command-line `mount
-t "ext4" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid" "/dev/dm-0"
"/media/james/10bc55ec-8a6c-4b4d-ae32-93e51a0fdf7c"' exited with
non-zero exit status 32: mount: /dev/mapper/mint--vg-root: can't read
superblock

Basically I wanted to shut down to move my computer to another room as
the battery is bad. My usual computer after POST went to a tab named
recovery which gave me the error "cannot read ROM". In the meantime I
took out my ssd and put it in a caddy and mounted successfully after
some research. I used the GUI to unmount but it went on and on telling
me to wait. Unfortunately I managed to unplug the computer, hence the
problem.

Is there a quick fix? The ssd is ext4.

Thanks

James