Re: [LUG] Only two weeks to stop your medical records being available

On Sun, Jun 06, 2021 at 04:13:28PM +0100, Sebastian wrote:

> The deadline for opting-out is coming up very soon, but apparently 86%
> of opt-out requests fail - a little higher than the usual glitchy
> web-app class of computing failures!

fyi, I believe there are two opt-outs

1.      Is from the GP
2.      Is from the NHS

https://digital.nhs.uk/about-nhs-digital/our-work/keeping-patient-data-safe/how-we-look-after-your-health-and-care-information/your-information-choices/opting-out-of-sharing-your-confidential-patient-information

There is a word file for Opt-out 1

https://nhs-prod.global.ssl.fastly.net/binaries/content/assets/website-assets/data-and-information/data-collections/general-practice-data-for-planning-and-research/type-1-opt-out-form.docx

Opt out 2 you can do electronically on the NHS app (not the covid app)

Do you need to complete opt out 1 if you have opt out 2. My surgery
thinks no. I will be completing opt out 1 just in case..

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately