Re: [LUG] OT: Google and privacy was Re: Syncthing to sync files on two computers?

I would like to add to the confusion if I may: there is a further difference between paid Google accounts and freebie Google accounts.

GDPR or not Google are fully entitled to rifle through all your stuffs that you store with them in any way via their AI systems for marketing and so on IF you're a free tier user. Your emails, pictures and Google Drive documents are all fair game for targeted ad scanning and so forth.

This is not true of any tier of paid Google account.

Make of that what you will.