Re: [LUG] OT: Google and privacy was Re: Syncthing to sync files on two computers?

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 19:05:44 +0000
Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

>GDPR is incorporated into UK law via the Data Protection Act 2018,
>which is still in effect.

Fair enough.  I'm not up on the legislation.

I know Mark meant no ill, and his intentions were good, but I feel (part
of) my point has been missed; there's a problem with regards to citing a
page about GDPR law which doesn't specifically apply to the UK - even if
the guts of the donor legislation remain intact.

A better starting point would be here;
<https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/711097/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr-1-0.pdf>

--
 Regards  _