Re: [LUG] New Printer

YMMV

I have a HP printer that works but the set up was weird

-       It has its own wifi, ethernet and USB

-       Setting it up I could either set it up by plugging it directly into my
        computer or theoretically by wifi. I seem to recall setting it up by
        USB and then plugging it into my router.

        I could never get it working by wifi, I am not sure why. It does
        however print by wifi from my windows laptop.

        From memory I think I finally justified it by HP setting up simple
        steps that must be taken but which did not work on linux.

-       The app route may help, once the app and the printer are talking.

If your HP is similar the flashing light is your printer broadcasting that
it wants to connect...

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately