Re: [LUG] A new printer, Part two

Dear Neil,

> Thinking about it I do print a couple of pages of A4 every day, without
> fail. As for colour, not very often, maybe once or twice a month. So I feel
> that, for me, a laser printer would be rather OTT. So I have opted for an
> inkjet printer. I accept that it will eventually turn out more expensive,
> but for the amount I plan to use it, I think it should last me well.
>
> I have already  found a company online which sells genuine HP cartridges for
> a lot less than the official price. So that will help.

I would be very interested to know which company this is. My father buys
from StinkyInk, who sell both 1st and 3rd party cartridges for
reasonable prices. How well the printer and the cartridges talk to each
other varies a lot I should imagine, but my father tells me he has never
had a problem with any 3rd-party ink from StinkyInk - in contrast to
1st-party ink (probably bought at a supermarket) that he tells me _has_
failed on him!

Mr. Meowski seems to have a point regarding Linux compatibility. Just
before lockdown I set up Ubuntu for my grandmother. Both the printer and
the scanner jumped straight into life, no setup required. If by chance
anyone on this list has worked on CUPS, printer drivers, postscript etc:
I applaud your excellent work!

Best wishes from Sebastian
Freenode: 'seabass'