Re: [LUG] Up For Grabs!

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020, 12:54 Julian Hall, <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've been involved with IT over 30 years; I know the difference. That is
/why/ I said Linux, and not GIMP or Libre Office etc; I felt it was
extraneous to say Linux OS or Windows OS when we all know Linux and
Windows are OSs. To clarify again, when I install the operating systems
- either Linux or Windows - the installation is bloated by drivers
and/or languages I do not use and most likely never will.

Julian

Short of rolling your own, I'm not sure there's a lot you can do about that other than uninstall the extraneous junk and complain about it. ;) :D

I'm pretty sure both CentOS and Debian text based net-installers give you the option of which languages to install. I haven't used other distros for quite a while now so I can't comment on their installers, but I can certainly see how it would be annoying having to remove all the extra stuff you didn't ask for.

Grant. :)