Re: [LUG] Up For Grabs!

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 11:16:18 +0100
Sebastian <seabass@xxxxxx> wrote:

> there will be great demand for the books that helped the progenitors
> of this great system lead Linux to popularity .....

I wish now that I had kept the handbooks that came with the boxed
versions of SuSE, Mandrake and Debian in the early 90s; when one was
invited to "Have Fun!"  Not forgetting the freebie CD ROMs of new
distro's eagerly awaited enclosed with the latest Linux magazines.

One thing hasn't changed. Despite the fact that major printer
manufacturers do now provide linux drivers, they are rarely included in
most distro's. Priority on desktop glamour rather than utility seems to
be the rule.

David