Re: [LUG] Webcams

On 24/04/2020 12:52, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> -   I have to use Zoom so I have that on an old laptop running Windows.
>     There is no data on Windows (although there is on a VM)

For info re Zoom and Linux.and webcam
1. OLD Circa 2012 Logitech C150 camera (video only)(need to use a
microphone)  works OK  (Tried as alternative to laptop webcam after your
message)A

2. Due to a poetry group  Zoom Meeting, (formerly held in person at
local library) I set up Zoom on Linux "openSUSE Leap15.1" to access
group leader's Zoom meeting.

It worked ok when used this am.

However as always meeting is open at ZOOM's own servers. Encrypted in
transit, but can be read by Zoom and thus others accessing their servers.

It worked ok for face to face with 5 participants and share screen
(documents); whiteboard also works.

With Jitsi you can set up your own server, so no third party accessing
your meeting.

--
regards
Eion MacDonald