Re: [LUG] Webcams

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 11:15:32AM +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
> I'm a bit late to this discussion, but modern 'phones (i.e. ones with
> cameras) can be pressed into service using either IP Webcam or DroidCam.
> Both are available from google.  IDK for certain, but I think they both
> have Apple and Microsoft counterparts.

Mark raised this

http://www.skipser.com/p/2/p/android-as-webcam.html

And I may end up either going this route or Tom's Pi Camera

My purposes for this is basically work based video conferencing and being
able to share documents:

-   I have to use Zoom so I have that on an old laptop running Windows.
    There is no data on Windows (although there is on a VM)

-   I have to use Microsoft Teams

-   I liked Gordon's comment Jitsi as "it just works"

-   I probably need a microphone of some sort as my bluetooth headset
    microphone is not currently been seen. (Ears are).

I would have bought Logitech but frankly after a month of waiting I am not
interested. Yes these are probably imitations but its not as if I am doing
anything complicated. If they work then great and if I save £45 for not
having a logitech logo for a non existent service then I am even happier

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately