Re: [LUG] Lug meet Saturday

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020, Neil wrote:

I don't use FF or Chromium.

You/We have been through this before. Last week if I recall.

I think the conclusion is that if you're not going to use a mainstream browser (which is fine, your choice and all that), then you're on your own because no-one here is using the same one you're using, so good luck.

I first used jitsi on my Laptop with firefox. Worked first time. 2nd time after my wife had installed the app. on her iPhone she sent me a txt with a link in. It downloaded the app (properly, via the app store) then launched it and I was in, chatting with her about 30 seconds later.

It. Just. Works.

I now use my phone/tablet.

And personally, I'll use Jitsi over Skype and/or Whatsapp any day of the week.

Zoom will not even get a look-in.

Gordon