Re: [LUG] Best Video hosting platform

On Thursday, 9 April 2020 13:24:12 BST Pentiddy wrote:

> *I'm aware best is possibly a silly thing to ask on this forum!

Clearly you asked on this forum as you wanted Free Software, and Wikipedia
only offered you Open Source? ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_hosting_services#Open_source

They even link to a rather dated comparison page for video hosting (you can
remove the references to Flash if you feel keen), but it does include the
vital questions:

Do you mind Ads?

Does this club involve pornography?
I'm assuming not, but it might be some other category some sites restrict.

Are the videos long?

Are they in some weird format?

Will you want weird output formats - 3D, VR (hey you are here, we know *you*
will want them as soon as you think others will be able to watch them, but be
realistic). My 11 year old already gifted proprietary video editing software
by a well meaning Aunt for such formats on his gaming PC, hmm, he has just
about master editing simple videos with it so far, it has several GB of
tutorial videos.