Re: [LUG] Getting a USB AC68 dongle to work in Mint 19.3

On 04/04/2020 18:10, comrade meowski wrote:
On 03/04/2020 22:59, Julian Hall wrote:

Straight away I see the sources.list says 'Tina' but the official-package-repositories.list says Tricia.. is /that/ the problem?

Now I'm compared it with my minty fresh (ha) VM it seems that your repos are correctly configured - Mint move everything from the normal sources.list to sources.list.d/offical-package-repositories.list apparently, fair enough. Nothing obviously weird about your other entries either.

However, my Mint VM has freshly installed itself with a brand new 5.3.0-45-generic kernel+headers without me doing anything to intervene.

So to cut to the chase, what happens if you do:

sudo apt install linux-image-5.3.0-45-generic linux-headers-5.3.0-45-generic linux-firmware -y

If your machine doesn't just install the whole lot for you there is going to be some mystery solving required. Also, my VM can happily tab autocomplete valid package names in apt commands straight out the box so again, it's weird that yours doesn't.

Reboot afterwards and that'll solve your old kernel issue and at least partially dispel the possibility that your package manager has gone out to lunch.

Annoyingly I must also confess that Mint 19.3 straight out of the box has been quite pleasant to use, much better than I remember it. Now to double down and install palemoon on it lol.

Everything is already installed.. '0 to update or install'. I wonder now if a reinstall is required?

Julian