Re: [LUG] Getting a USB AC68 dongle to work in Mint 19.3

On 03/04/2020 18:30, comrade meowski wrote:
On 02/04/2020 23:23, Julian Hall wrote:
On 02/04/2020 22:48, comrade meowski wrote:
sudo apt install linux-image- [tab tab to get autocompletes] -version

This isn't working for me.. I get nothing with a tab or double tab. The Update Manager says there is a new kernel but apt won't get it for some reason. I get this a lot with kernel updates.

Are you sure your repositories are all setup correctly?
As far as I know they are. I update them with every apt-get.
It's a bit weird that your shell - presumably bash - can't autocomplete package names in an apt command as well, that's pretty basic essential functionality. Try installing bash-completion, it might not be installed:

sudo apt install bash-completion
apt responded bash-completion is already the newest version.

You better explain the "apt won't get it for me for some reason" a bit more as well, there's obviously something wrong with that.

In short I type up to 'image-' and press TAB and get no autocomplete, nor when I TAB twice. I'm guessing I need to be in a particular directory to execute this command?

Kind regards,

Julian