Re: [LUG] Skype

On 22/03/2020 11:59, Eion MacDonald wrote:

I am using (!!!!) Google Hangouts as that work with my daughter on her
An droid phone to my Linux box with Chromium installed (easiest to use
in Chromium) but also works in Firefox with Google search  page then
chose Google Hangouts from drop down menu.

As daughter uses Gmail (apart from work email on MS Outlook at her
school), this is a compromise, where I know she and I are being 'tracked'.

Her pupils aged 13-18 do not give a %$£$% toss about Google and other
social media tracking. "So What, its FREE!"
Also school when giving equipment to poorer pupils issues Google Mail
email personal address and Android phone with cheapish laptop to each.
IT does NOT teach privacy , but most common system to get a job, CV PDFs
over gmail.

Ease of use and FREE always wins out over privacy!

Interesting. I have never used chromium browser. I do have firefox installed, but never use it. I do not use Google mail. Never heard of Google Hangouts. I am hopeless, aren't I?

It is very worrying that school pupils are not being taught about privacy online. But then, no government wants that.

Neil