Re: [LUG] Old Laptop FLASH ?

On 08/02/2020 06:15, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 22:51:30 +0000
> mr meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello mr,
>

>> Flash is a more thorny issue and whilst I have a lot of sympathy for
>
> You'll get no argument from me there.   :-)
>
> Despite even Adobe wanting flash to run away and die, they did succumb to
> pressure and restart patching and updating the Linux version.  To be fair
> that was, IIRC, before HTML5 gained traction.  In any event, at the time
> there was clearly a need for it.
>
> As things stand, there are only a couple of web sites that I visit that
> require flash.  Neither require large amounts of keyboard work, so I
> could just as easily use the TV to watch them.
>
>> is the lack of hardware accelerated video playback. Please Mozilla it's
>> 2020, fix it. Currently I have to keep a hacked about Chrome fork* (oh
>> god the shame) just for watching youtube cat videos without horrific

FLASH?, hardware accelerated video ?
Unfortunately, BBC has many info sites that still use Flash, so I
normally load it for these sites

This is main use. (TV is very old and certainly not smart!) also it is
two rooms away.

PS How does is "the lack of hardware accelerated video playback"  effect
things?

I use Firefox as main browser and both on "YouTube" and on LBRY I do not
notice things apart from delay to download files (formerly watched on
YouTube but now on LBRY) on LBRY to my hard disk
regards
Eion MacDonald