Re: [LUG] Old Laptop

On 06/02/2020 09:52, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Thu, 6 Feb 2020 09:11:12 +0000
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

Luckily our local computer shop (Holsworthy) is very fair with prices,
and does look after the people here very well. I have used them for 17
years and so far so good. Your example above sounds really bad. Can't
see them lasting very long,
Maybe it was just me, caught them on a bad day, IDK - The shop has been
there for years, and shows no sign of going away.  Mind you, I wouldn't
expect many of the locals to be expert tech-heads, so they must be doing
okay.

I think that last point is key. The shop local to me charges over the odds too, but has been around years. Shops like that charge what people who know no better will pay.. they'd soon drop the prices if people wouldn't pay them.

Julian